Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, October 20, 2017
d. Approval of the Minutes for Friday, October 6, 2017
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. Action Items:
a. American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) - Pizza Fundraiser - 10/31/2017 - $110.00
b. Accounting Society - Pupusas Food Sale - 10/23/2017 - $272.19
c. CSULA Chinese Student & Scholars Association (CSSA) - Halloween Party - 10/22/2017 - $1,893.81
d. Student Nurses Association - Pizza Fundraiser - 10/23/2017 - $158.76
e. Accounting Society - Panel of Aspiring Professionals - 11/09/0217 - $446.48
f. Association of Latino Professional for America (ALPA) - Tamales Sale - 10/31/2017 - $217.23
g. Eagle Jiu Jitsu - Fundraiser - 10/30/2017 & 11/21/2017 - $466.94
a. A.S.I. Interim Vice Chair for Finance: Lily Nguyen
b. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
|Accounting Society - 10.23.2017||1.73 MB|
|Accounting Society - 11.09.17||762.88 KB|
|ALPFA - 10.31.17||2.19 MB|
|ASCE - 10.31.2017||878.62 KB|
|CSULA Chinese Student & Scholar Association - 10.22.2017||2.24 MB|
|Eagle Jiu Jitsu - 10.30.17, 11.21.17||2.87 MB|
|Student Nurses Association - 10.23.2017||3.76 MB|
|Funding Committee Agenda - October 20 2017 (Amended)||127 KB|
|Funding Committee Meeting Minutes -10.06.17 (draft)||82.25 KB|
Authority and Function
Section 1 - Authority
These codes shall act as the governing procedures for the Funding Sub-committee, a sub-committee of the Finance Committee, hereafter referred to as the Funding Committee.
- A. This committee is only granted the Authority for Allocations. This sole authority of taking action on funding proposals is referenced in Article IV, Section 1, of the Finance Committee Code of Procedure - Policy 201.
- B. As is the nature of a sub-committee; the Finance Committee, and ultimately the Board of Directors (BOD), have the power to reverse or change any action, or supplement for any lack of action, taken in this committee.
Section 2 - Function
It shall be the purpose and function of the Funding Committee to:
- A. Act as the first step in a multi-level approval process in requests for appropriation of Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) funds in accordance with these Codes, the ASIAdministrative Manual, and the ASI Bylaws.
- B. Maintain a transparent and efficient funding process for the distribution of ASI funds.
The Funding Committee shall be composed of nine (9) voting members and six (6) non-voting members.
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (V.P.F.)
- ASI President
- Campus Affairs Representative
- Two members of the BOD appointed by the ASIPresident with majority consent of the B.O.D.
- Three students recommended by the ASI Vice President for Finance to the ASI President with majority consent of the BOD (non - ASI BOD)
- ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- ASI Office Manager (non-voting)
- University Dean of Students or designee (non-voting)
- Center for Student Involvement (C.S.I.) representative (non-voting)
- CFO of the University or designee (non-voting)
- UAS representative or designee (non-voting)