Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, April 20, 2018
d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, April 6, 2018
e. Approval of Funding Committee Report for Friday, April 13, 2018
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. Action Items:
a. 2017 Tax Documents - The committee will review and take action on the 2017 Tax Documents prepared by MGO.
b. Administrative Proposal - The committee will review and take action on a proposal submitted by Office Manager Dena Florez for administrative areas
c. Club Funding Proposal - The committee will review and take action on a proposal submitted by VPF Aaron Castaneda for additional funding to close out the year for club funding.
IV. Discussion Items
a. Prison BA Program Proposal - The committee will review a proposal submitted by College Representative Selene Castillo for next year's budget.
b. Proposed 2018/2019 Operating Budget - The committee will review the third draft of the proposed 2018/2019 operating budget and supporting detail. The committee will have the opportunity to provide recommendations and discuss priorities for next year
a. ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
|Finance Committee Minutes 04-06||149.98 KB|
|Funding Committee Report 04-13||128.14 KB|
|ASI Direct Funding Budget Tracker 2017-2018||55.07 KB|
|ASI 2018-19 Budget Draft 3||139.22 KB|
|Adm. 2018-19 - Proposed Operating Budget||62.3 KB|
|Student Gov. 2018-19 - Proposed Operating Budget||99.45 KB|
|Student University Support 2018-19 - Proposed Operating Budget||90.17 KB|
|Prison BA Program Proposal||51.5 KB|
|Administrative Funding Proposal||49.42 KB|
|Administrative Funding Proposal Support||8.86 MB|
|Club Funding Proposal-rev||78.51 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.