Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of agenda for Thursday, July 12, 2018
- d. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, May 3, 2018
II. Public Forum:
- a. This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
- a. Review of Policy 018 - The Cabinet will review the Cabinet of College Representatives Code of Procedure, Policy 018.
- b. External and Internal Committee Requirement Review- The Cabinet of College Representatives will review the available committees and deadlines for appointment to committees.
- a. Election of a Chair - The Cabinet will take action on electing a new Chair for the Cabinet of College Representatives.
- b. Election of a Vice Chair - The Cabinet will take action on electing a new Vice Chair for the Cabinet of College Representatives.
a. Discussion Item: Budget Review - The Cabinet of College Representatives will review the cabinet's allocated budget.
- b. Collaborative Opportunities: The Cabinet will discuss potential collaborative events that they intend to work on during the Fall.
- c. Club Out Reach- The Cabinet of College Representatives will discuss innovative ways to connect to active population of students on campus.
d. Welcome Week involvement- The Cabinet of College Representatives will review the dates for Welcome Week and discuss College Representative expectations and involvement.
- a. ASI President: Nia Johnson
- b. Arts & Letters: Alysin Green & Jacob Amaya
- c. Business & Economics: Christopher Koo & Jose Abarca
- d. Charter College of Education: Raul Rodriguez
- e. Engineer, Computer Science, & Technology: Smitkumar Patel & Edgar Chavez
- f. Natural & Social Sciences: Davona Watson
- g. Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services: Rashad Freeman & Jocelyn Vargas
- h. ASI Staff: Intef W. Weser
Regularly Meets On:
The purpose and function of the Cabinet of College Representatives is to support college representatives by opening lines of communication and collaboration within the unit.
Under the direct supervision of the ASI President the college representatives work together to ensure open lines of communication and collaboration within the unit. They also:
- Strengthen the communication amongst all college representatives by sharing developments, programs, and concerns within each college.
- Assess and identify students' needs and develop strong strategies of addressing their needs on short-term and long-term basis.
- Establish inter-collegiate programs or initiatives and collaboratively plan and implement these programs and initiatives.
- Review the collective College Representative quarterly allocated budget and make the final decision on how to distribute funds for inter-collegiate events and initiatives. It is understood that based on the financial needs of the organization, all final budget decisions can be revisited quarterly.