Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
II. Public Forum:
- a. This time is allotted for members of the public to make announcements to the Committee.
III. Action Item:
- a. Election of the Environmental Policy Committee Vice Chair: The Committee will nominate and elect a Vice Chair to the Committee.
IV. Discussion Items:
- a. Environmental Affairs Committee Outreach and Recruitment: The Committee will discuss fall semester tabling and outreach efforts.
- b. Community Engagement: The Committee will discuss possible collaboration and involvement opportunities in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
- a. ASI Environmental Affairs Commissioner: Javier Moro
- a. Closing Comments and Announcements
Regularly Meets On:
The Environmental Policy Committee formulates and encourages the adoption of policies that will make ASI's internal practices more environmentally sustainable. In addition the committee also seeks:
- to collaborate with Cal State LA administrators to formulate and encourage the adoption of policies that will make Cal State LA a more environmentally sustainable campus;
- to educate the on-campus community on the topic of environmental sustainability and environmental justice; and
- to formulate and encourage the adoption of policies that will make the California State University system more environmentally sustainable working primarily through the California State Student Association.
What is the composition of the ASI Environmental Policy Committee?
- The Environmental Policy Committee is composed of 12 voting members and 2 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following position(s):
- Eight (8) student members of the student body appointed with a simple majority consent of the BOD.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to Administrative Governing Policies 000-022 and review Policy 012 Environmental Policy Committee Code of Procedure.
Read more and GO GREEN!