Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, August 23, 2018
- d. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, July 19, 2018
II. Public Forum
- a. This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
III. Action Items:
a. Appointment for Vacant ASI and Campus Committee Positions - Board of Directors will appoint individuals to the following vacant ASI and student committee positions.
8.23.18 BOD Application Packet All
- i. ASI Associate Justice
- ii. Internal Committee Appointment(s)
- iii. University Wide Committee Appointment Report
- Policy 020 - ASI Officer Performance Review and Removal Procedure - Policy 020
- Policy 022 ASI Ethics Policy
- Policy 025 Performance Expectations and Management Procedure Policy 025 5.10.18
- Policy 002 - ASI Board of Directors Code of Procedure - Policy 002
- Policy 001 Adm - ASI Bylaws Policy 001 Approved 2018-19
- b. Performance Review: The Board will take action on the ASI Presidents request to remove Jose Abarca, College of Business and Economics Representative reviewed by the Executive Committee.
- c. Performance Review: The Board will take action on the ASI Presidents request to remove Alysin Green, College of Arts and Letters Representative reviewed by the Executive Committee.
a. Policy Agenda Development- The Board will review the Policy Agenda and brainstorm more policy priorities that reflect the Cal State LA student body needs.
- a. ASI President: Nia Johnson
- b. ASI Vice President for Administration: Jesus Mora
- c. ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- d. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- e. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia-Martinez
- f. ASI Secretary/ Treasurer: Jennifer Martell
- g. ASI Chief Justice - Nia Allen
- h. ASI Board of Directors
- i. ASI Staff: Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- j. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
|8.23.18 BOD Application Packet All||373.77 KB|
|ASI Board of Directors Meeting July 19 2018 (Draft)||252.37 KB|
|BOD External Release - 2018-2019 BOD Appointment List 8.23.18||69.21 KB|
|CSLA Public Policy Agenda 2018||217.53 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.