Date / Time:
Call to Order
Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
Approval of Agenda for Friday, August 24th, 2018
Approval of Minutes for Friday, April 27th, 2018
Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
Policy 226 Funding Sub-Committee Code of Procedure - The committee will review the COP.
Policy 204 Finance Funding Guidelines Policy - The committee will review the Funding Guidelines.
ASI Direct Funding Allocations Guidelines 2018-19 - The committee will review the direct funding allocations guidelines.
Vice Chair for the Funding Sub-Committee - The committee will appoint a vice chair.
Child Development Association - CDA - CDA Mixer - 8/28/18 - $1,997.10
Accounting Society, Beta Alpha Psi, & Association of Latino Professionals for America - Meet the Firms - 9/13/18 - $414.18
Accounting Society, Beta Alpha Psi, & Association of Latino Professionals for America - Mixer Meet and Greet - 9/13/18 - $4,937.17
Association for Computing Machinery, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, & Society of Hispanic Engineering & Science Students - Movie Fundraiser - 10/5/18 - $3,530.60
ASI Vice Chair for Finance: Lily Nguyen
ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
Regularly Meets On:
The Funding Sub-committee is a sub-committee of the Finance Committee, hereafter referred to as the Funding Committee.
- A. This committee is only granted the Authority for Allocations. This sole authority of taking action on funding proposals is referenced in Article IV, Section 1, of the Finance Committee Code of Procedure - Policy 201.
- B. As is the nature of a sub-committee; the Finance Committee, and ultimately the Board of Directors (BOD), have the power to reverse or change any action, or supplement for any lack of action, taken in this committee.
What is the composition of the Funding Committee?
The Funding Committee shall be composed of nine (9) voting members and six (6) non-voting members.
- A. ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.) (Committee Chair)
- B. ASIVice President for Finance (V.P.F.)
- C. ASIPresident
- D. Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- E. Two members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with majority consent of the BOD
- F. Three students recommended by the ASI Vice President for Finance to the ASI President with majority consent of the BOD (non - ASI BOD)
- G. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- H. ASI Office Manager (non-voting)
- I. University Dean of Students or designee (non-voting)
- J. Center for Student Involvement (C.S.I.) representative (non-voting)
- K. CFO of the University or designee (non-voting)
- L. UAS representative or designee (non-voting)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Funding Committee to:
- A. Act as the first step in a multi-level approval process in requests for appropriation of Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) funds in accordance with these Codes, the ASI Administrative Manual, and the ASI Bylaws.
- B. Maintain a transparent and efficient funding process for the distribution of ASI funds.