Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Adoption of the Agenda for September 4, 2018
II. Public Forum:
This time is allotted for members of the public to make announcements and/or address the Cabinet.
III. Reports: (5 minutes each)
- Vice President for Academic Governance
- Academic Senators
IV. Old Business
- Action Item - The Cabinet will elect the Vice Chair for the Cabinet of Academic Senators.
- Discussion Item (20 min) - The Cabinet will review the 2018-2023 ASI Strategic Plan initiatives and provide ways it can be implemented into the SGC/CAS unit.
V. New Business
- Discussion Item (10 min) - The Cabinet will discuss the business of their Senate Offices.
- Discussion Item (20 min) - The Cabinet will consider the overview document for Open Deliberation - Spring 2019 - and provide feedback to the Vice President for Academic Governance.
- Information Item (10 min) - The Cabinet will review the Committee Report Flow Chart for Academic Senators.
- Discussion Item - The Cabinet will discuss campus issues and create a Campus Policy Agenda for Cal State LA.
- Closing Comments
Regularly Meets On:
The Cabinet of Senators (CAS) coordinates, plans, and is responsible for the actions of the academic governance unit of ASI. The CAS meets with the Academic Senate (governed by faculty) to actively engage in the process of shared governance of the university.