Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Concerns from the Floor
- Adoption of Agenda for Tuesday, September 18, 2018
- Adoption of Minutes for Tuesday, September 4, 2018
II. Public Forum
- This time is allotted to members of the public to address the Cabinet.
III. ASI Oath
- Academic Senators will take the ASI Oath.
IV. Reports (3 minutes each)
- Vice President for Academic Governance
- Academic Senators
V. Special Presentation - 10:30-10:50 a.m. Time Certain
- Dr. Veena Prabhu, Chair of the Academic Senate, will provide the Cabinet with essential updates from the Academic Senate and explain the structure of committees.
- Brunch with Faculty (10 mins) - The Cabinet will be informed by Senator Diana Chavez on potentially hosting a brunch with Faculty members and the purpose it would serve.
- Senator Tabling (10 mins) - The Cabinet will discuss potentially doing a tabling session to recruit students for committees.
- Policy 023 (10 mins) - The Cabinet will review the recommended changes and provide feedback to the Vice President for Academic Governance.
- Campus Policy Agenda - The Cabinet will discuss campus issues and create a Campus Policy Agenda for Cal State LA.
Regularly Meets On:
The Cabinet of Senators (CAS) coordinates, plans, and is responsible for the actions of the academic governance unit of ASI. The CAS meets with the Academic Senate (governed by faculty) to actively engage in the process of shared governance of the university.