Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, September 14, 2018
d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, August 31, 2018
e. Approval of Funding Committee Report for Friday, September 7, 2018
II. Public Comment - Public comment is intended as a time for any member of the public to address the committee on any issues affecting ASI and/or Cal State LA.
III. Action Items:
a. Forensics Speech & Debate: Back to the Nest Swing - 10/4/18-10/8/18 - $2,667.49
b. MGO Audit (TIME CERTAIN: 12:30pm): The committee will review and take action on the external audit conducted by MGO and presented by MGO alongside Thomas Leung, University Controller.
c. Policy 204 - Funding Guidelines: The committee will review and take action on the following proposed edits on the Funding Guidelines.
d. Direct Funding Allocation Guidelines: The committee will review and take action on the following proposed edits on the Direct Funding Allocation Guidelines.
IV. Discussion Items:
a. Rolled Over/Reconciled Fees Budget Priorities: The committee will receive an update on the current reconciled fees based on the external audit findings.
a. ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
b. ASI Vice Chair for Finance: Lily Nguyen
|ASI 2018 Draft Report FY2017-18 - 9-6-2018||796.26 KB|
|Forensics Speech and Debate 10.4-10.8.18||4.08 MB|
|ASI Direct Funding Allocation Guidelines 2018-2019||43.77 KB|
|Policy 204 Finance- Funding Guidelines||70.16 KB|
|Finance Committee Meeting Minutes 8/31||78.26 KB|
|Funding Sub-Committee Report 9/7||141.75 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.