Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Cal
- c. Approval of Agenda for Tuesday, October 2, 2018
- d. Approval of Minutes for Tuesday, September 4, 2018
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. New Business
a. Member Service Hour Proposal: The committee will discuss the proposed service structure for ASI Members.
IV. Old Business
- a. Action Item: The committee will elect and recommend a Vice Chair of the Strategic Planning Committee as mentioned in Policy 011.
a. Mission Statement Changes: The committee will discuss potential changes to the mission statement.
b. Reporting Expectations for ASI Members - The committee will review the current expectations and language relating to Biweekly and the State of Affairs Report -
- i. Bi-weekly Review
ii. State of Affairs Review: The committee will review the current expectations and language relating Biweekly and the State of Affairs Report - State of Affairs - Policy 002 Strategic Board of Directors Code of Procedure Review Article II Section 3, A2B.
- c. Excel Attendance Sheet: The committee will discuss the excel attendance sheet and how to use it.
d. Policy 005 - The Policy 005 Grant in Aid (GIA), Review student GPA requirements and late bi-weekly time frame.
Regularly Meets On:
The committee assists the BOD in recommending goals, based upon the above strategic plans, to the BOD. This body is also responsible for periodically reassessing the ASI Purpose and Vision Statement, analyzing the ASI climate, and creating, reevaluating, and modifying the organization's short-term and long-term plans.
What does the Strategic Planning Committee do?
It is the responsibility of the Strategic Planning Committee to assist the Board of Directors in recommending and directing, for their approval, the Associated Students, Inc. BOD towards their vision. The following is a partial list of tasks for which the committee is responsible.
- Periodically reassess the mission and vision statement.
- Analyze the current environment surrounding ASI
- Create, reevaluate, and modify the short-term and long-term plan as necessary.
- Recommend goals, based upon the above strategic plans, to the BOD.
What is the composition of the Strategic Planning Committee?
- The Strategic Planning Committee is composed of 6 voting members and 2 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- One student outside of ASI (non elected or appointed)
Duties and Responsibilities
- For more information go to our website Administrative Governing Policies and select Governance Policies and Procedures 000-018 and review Policy 011 Strategic Planning Committee Codes of Procedures.