Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Concerns from the Floor
- Adoption of Agenda for Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- Adoption of Minutes for Tuesday, October 2, 2018
II. Public Forum
- This time is allotted to members of the public to address the Cabinet.
III. Reports (3 minutes each)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance
- ASI Academic Senators
IV. Special Presentation (Time Certain 10:30 a.m. to 10:50 a.m.)
- a.Dr. Veena Prabhu, Chair of the Academic Senate, will perform a temperature check with the Cabinet.
V. Information Item
- Fiscal Policy Updates: The Cabinet will be updated on the University fiscal goals by Cal State LA Vice President for Administration and Finance Lisa Chavez.
VI. Discussion Items
- Course Cap: The Cabinet will discuss the possible addition of course caps to the Faulty Handbook.
- Graduate Inclusive Data: The Cabinet will discuss the importance of graduate statistics within the overall University statistics.
- Talking Points for Provost Mahoney: The Cabinet will discuss potential talking points to take to Provost Mahoney.
VII. Action Item
- Policy 023 Shared Governance Code of Procedure: The Cabinet will take action on changes to the policy.
Regularly Meets On:
The Cabinet of Senators (CAS) coordinates, plans, and is responsible for the actions of the academic governance unit of ASI. The CAS meets with the Academic Senate (governed by faculty) to actively engage in the process of shared governance of the university.