Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Adoption of Agenda for Tuesday, October 23, 2018
- Approval of Minutes for Tuesday, October 9, 2018
- Approval of Minutes for Monday, October 15, 2018
II. Public Forum:
This time is allotted for members of the public to address the committee.
III. Action Items:
ASI Referendum Update - The committee will review and take action on the referendum.
- ASI Referendum Calendar
- ASI Referendum Ballot - possible language
IV. Info Items:
- CSSA Update - The committee will receive an update from the most recent CSSA Plenary meeting.
V. Discussion Items:
- CSURMA and Dental MOU Update - The committee will here a report regarding our pending benefits aggreements.
- Talking Points for ASI Vice Presidents - The committee will be reminded of assigned Talking Points for ASI Vice Presidents and deadlines established, based on previous Executive Committee meeting.
- Commissioner Support -The committee will discuss potential delegation methods to support the Commissioners in the absence of the ASI Vice President of Administration.
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
- ASI Vice President for Administration: Vacant
- ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia-Martinez
- ASI Secretary/ Treasurer: David San
- ASI Chief Justice: Nia Allen
- ASI Board of Directors
- ASI Interim Executive Director: Marcus A. Rodriguez
- University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
Regularly Meets On:
The Executive Committee coordinates the information, programs, projects, and problems to be considered by the Associated Students, Inc. Board of Directors. The Executive Committee shall also provide general policy guidelines, and make specific policy decisions, in place of the entire Board of Directors only when the BOD cannot be called together to act on an emergency matter.
All policy decisions of the Executive Committee shall be reported to the BOD and may be overturned by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the BOD present at the meeting.
The Executive Committee shall be composed of eight (8) voting and four (4) non-voting members.
- A. ASI President, who shall serve as chair
- B. ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA), who shall serve as vice-chair
- C. ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- D. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- E. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- F. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- G. Three (3) members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent
- of the BOD
- G. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- H. ASI Office Manager (recording secretary) (non-voting)
- I. ASI Director of Government Affairs & Leadership Programs (non-voting)
- J. University President or designee (non-voting)