Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, November 2, 2018
d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, August 24, 2018
e. Approval of Minutes for Friday, October 5, 2018
f. Approval of Minutes for Friday, October 19, 2018
II. Public Comment - Public comment is intended as a time for any member of the public to address the committee on any issues affecting ASI and/or Cal State LA.
III. Discussion Items:
IV. Action Items:
c. Financial Management Association - Pizza Fundraiser - 11/5/18 - $108.95
d. Financial Management Association - Pizza Fundraiser - 11/7/18 - $108.95
e. Financial Management Association - Pizza Fundraiser - 11/26/18 - $108.95
f. Financial Management Association - Pizza Fundraiser - 11/28/18 - $108.95
g. American Society of Mechanical Engineers - Robotics Workshop - 11/5/18, 11/12/18, & 11/26/18 - $1,805.00
h. Beta Alpha Psi - Banh Mi & Boba Fundraiser - 9/12/18-11/14/18 every Wednesday - $1,828.60
j. Rehabilitation Counseling Association - Winter Blanket Making Project - 12/15/18 - $1,644.66
k. Early Entrance Program Club - Boba and Banh Mi Sale - 12/3/18 - $321.92
l. Early Entrance Program Club - Boba and Banh Mi Sale - 11/15/18 - $321.92
m. Early Entrance Program Club - Boba and Banh Mi Sale - 11/8/18 - $321.92
n. Early Entrance Program Club - Boba and Banh Mi Sale - 11/26/18 - $321.92
o. Early Entrance Program Club - Boba and Banh Mi Sale - 11/29/18 - $321.92
p. Criminal Justice Student Association - CJSA Fundraiser - 11/6/18 - $231.00
q. School Psychology Student Association - SPAW Tabling Fundraiser - 11/15/18 - $200.00
r. League of Legends Club @ Cal State La - LAN LA - 11/19/18 - $1,908.91
s. Alpha Tau Delta - Fall Initiation Ceremony - 11/7/18 - $124.80
t. Financial Management Association - Pizza Fundraiser - 11/14/18 - $108.95
v. Accounting Society - AS Meets CAL CPA - 11/9/18 - $294.67
w. Kalahi Filipino American Student Organization - Porto's Fundraiser - 11/8/18 - $213.52
x. HemanOs UnidOs - Tamales Fundraiser - 11/14/18 - $200.00
y. HYBRID TALES - WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR? - 11/15/18 - $120.00
z. Accounting Society - Alumni Panel - 11/13/18 - $494.310
aa. NSSLHA - Discovering Speech and Audiology careers - 11/5/18 - $192.17
b. ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
Regularly Meets On:
The Funding Sub-committee is a sub-committee of the Finance Committee, hereafter referred to as the Funding Committee.
- A. This committee is only granted the Authority for Allocations. This sole authority of taking action on funding proposals is referenced in Article IV, Section 1, of the Finance Committee Code of Procedure - Policy 201.
- B. As is the nature of a sub-committee; the Finance Committee, and ultimately the Board of Directors (BOD), have the power to reverse or change any action, or supplement for any lack of action, taken in this committee.
What is the composition of the Funding Committee?
The Funding Committee shall be composed of nine (9) voting members and six (6) non-voting members.
- A. ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.) (Committee Chair)
- B. ASIVice President for Finance (V.P.F.)
- C. ASIPresident
- D. Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- E. Two members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with majority consent of the BOD
- F. Three students recommended by the ASI Vice President for Finance to the ASI President with majority consent of the BOD (non - ASI BOD)
- G. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- H. ASI Office Manager (non-voting)
- I. University Dean of Students or designee (non-voting)
- J. Center for Student Involvement (C.S.I.) representative (non-voting)
- K. CFO of the University or designee (non-voting)
- L. UAS representative or designee (non-voting)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Funding Committee to:
- A. Act as the first step in a multi-level approval process in requests for appropriation of Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) funds in accordance with these Codes, the ASI Administrative Manual, and the ASI Bylaws.
- B. Maintain a transparent and efficient funding process for the distribution of ASI funds.