Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Tuesday, November 6, 2018
- Approval of Minutes for Tuesday, October 23, 2018
II. Public Forum
- This time is allotted for members of the public to address the committee.
III. Special Presentation: Accreditation Review by WSCUC (Time Certain 3:45 to 4 p.m.)
- The Committee will hear a special presentation from Dr. Brown, Associate Vice President and Dean of Graduate Studies, regarding this important institutional project.
IV. Information Items
- Referendum Signature Challenge: The Committee will be informed about the internal Referendum Signature Competition and teams.
- Commissioner Support: The Committee members will give a brief update on their assigned Commissioner progress.
V. Discussion Items
- ASI Policy 013 University Council of Clubs and Organizations: The Committee will discuss the removal or enhancement of Policy 013.
- End of the Semester Awards: The Committee will discuss potential award names to give recognition to outstanding student leader performance at the end of the semester.
- Policy Recommendations: The Committee will recommend policies to review in upcoming committee meetings.
- Vice President Talking Points: The Committee will review the Talking Points assigned at the prior meeting.
- ASI BOD Agenda Development: The Committee will discuss potential discussion items for the next ASI Board of Directors Meeting.
- Pizza with the President: The Committee will identify four specific topics to guide discussion at the upcoming Pizza with the President event.
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
- ASI VP for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- ASI VP for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- ASI VP for External Affairs & Advancement: Veronica Garcia- Martinez
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer: David San
- ASI Chief Justice: Nia Allen
- ASI Board of Directors
Regularly Meets On:
The Executive Committee coordinates the information, programs, projects, and problems to be considered by the Associated Students, Inc. Board of Directors. The Executive Committee shall also provide general policy guidelines, and make specific policy decisions, in place of the entire Board of Directors only when the BOD cannot be called together to act on an emergency matter.
All policy decisions of the Executive Committee shall be reported to the BOD and may be overturned by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the BOD present at the meeting.
The Executive Committee shall be composed of eight (8) voting and four (4) non-voting members.
- A. ASI President, who shall serve as chair
- B. ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA), who shall serve as vice-chair
- C. ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- D. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- E. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- F. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- G. Three (3) members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent
- of the BOD
- G. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- H. ASI Office Manager (recording secretary) (non-voting)
- I. ASI Director of Government Affairs & Leadership Programs (non-voting)
- J. University President or designee (non-voting)