Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Thursday, November 29, 2018
- Approval of Minutes for Thursday, November 15, 2018
II. Public Forum
- This time is allotted for members of the public to address the Board.
III. Action Items
Appointment for Vacant ASI and Campus Committee Positions: The Board will appoint individuals to the following vacant ASI and student committee positions.
- ASI Board of Directors Appointment(s)
- Internal Committee Appointment(s)
- University-wide Committee Appointment(s)
- ASI LAIF Signature Update: The Board will vote to update the signature authorization on the ASI LAIF investment account at the State Treasurer's Office.
- Policy Amendments: The Board will take action on the following policy amendments recommended by the Bylaws Committee.
IV. CANCELLED: Special Presentation - President Covino (Time Certain 4-4:30 pm)
- President Covino will address the Board in regards to this semester's successes and challenges. A short Q&A will follow the presentation.
V. Information Items
- ASI Referendum Update: The VP for Finance will update the Board on the status of the ASI Petition.
Important Dates and Meetings: The Board will be reminded of important upcoming dates.
- Fall Holiday Celebration and White Elephant Activity
- Winter Leadership Training: January 17 and 18, 2019
- State of Affairs: The ASI President will present the State of Affairs to the Board of Directors.
VI. Discussion Items
- Board of Trustee Recap: The Board will discuss the highlights and key take always of the recent Board of Trustee visits.
- Recap of Pizza with the President: The Board will discuss the effectiveness of our most recent Pizza with the President and potential ways to enhance this meeting.
- ASI President Nia Johnson
- ASI VP for Administration: Matthew
- ASI VP for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- ASI VP for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- ASI VP for External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia-Martinez
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer: David Sans
- ASI Board of Directors
- ASI Staff: Marcus A. Rodriguez, Interim Executive Director
- University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
|Associate Justice Application - Elan Studebaker||122.15 KB|
|Undergraduate Academic Senator Application - Jasmin Ramos||108.68 KB|
|ASI State of Affairs 11.29.18||134.23 KB|
|LAIF Resolution of Cal State LA ASI||629.29 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.