Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Adoption of Agenda for November 29, 2018
- Adoption of Minutes for November 8, 2018
II. Public Forum/Announcements
- This time is allotted for members of the public to address the Committee.
III. Action Items
- Appointment of the Environmental Policy Committee Vice Chair: The committee will nominate and elect an EPC Vice Chair.
- Committee Name Change: The committee will consider action on a name change from Environmental Policy Committee to Environmental Affairs Committee.
IV. Special Presentations
- Save the Seed: Students led by Steven Rodriguez will present their project and receive feedback from the committee.
- Model United Nations: Club members will present on the Southern CA Regional Climate Conference, February 23-24, and receive feedback from the committee.
Policy Making: The ASI Interim Executive Director will present on policy development practices and procedures.
- CSU Sustainability Policy
- CSU's Commitment to Sustainability website
- Policy on System wide Smoke and Tobacco Free Environment
- Cal State LA Smoke Free Policy
- Example of a Carbon Commitment (Cal Poly Pomona)
- Cal State LA Campus Sustainability Committee - Administrative Procedure and Legislative Resources
- Policy 019 - ASI Sustainability Guidelines
V. Old Business
- EPC Outreach and Recruitment: The committee will discuss tabling and outreach efforts.
- Details: Every Tuesday and Thursday, 9 am to 12 pm, on the main campus walkway, adjacent to the Biological Science building
- Strategy: The committee will review the script for EPC tabling.
VI. Discussion Items
- Greenhouse Initiative: The committee will discuss the grant opportunity provided by Energy and Sustainability Manager Brad Haydel.
- Planning for Spring Semester: The committee will develop marketing strategies for next semester.
- Review of the Environmental Policy Committee Code of Procedure: The Cabinet will review the Code.
- Environmental Affairs Commissioner
The Environmental Policy Committee formulates and encourages the adoption of policies that will make ASI's internal practices more environmentally sustainable. In addition the committee also seeks:
- to collaborate with Cal State LA administrators to formulate and encourage the adoption of policies that will make Cal State LA a more environmentally sustainable campus;
- to educate the on-campus community on the topic of environmental sustainability and environmental justice; and
- to formulate and encourage the adoption of policies that will make the California State University system more environmentally sustainable working primarily through the California State Student Association.
What is the composition of the ASI Environmental Policy Committee?
- The Environmental Policy Committee is composed of 12 voting members and 2 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following position(s):
- Eight (8) student members of the student body appointed with a simple majority consent of the BOD.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to Administrative Governing Policies 000-022 and review Policy 012 Environmental Policy Committee Code of Procedure.
Read more and GO GREEN!