Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
- Approval of Agenda for Friday, February 1, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for Friday, November 30, 2018
- Approval of Funding Committee Report for Friday, January 25, 2019
Public Comment: This time is allotted to members of the public to address the committee.
- Student Homie Union - 4th Annual Reintegration Conference: The committee will review and take action on the event scheduled for 5/1/19 with the request of $3,000.00.
- Policy 210 - Request for Payment or Purchase Order: The committee will review and take action on the RPP policy to potentially convert the policy into a procedure, while keeping intact the policy portion.
- 6&6 Budget Review: The committee will review a draft of the proposed 6&6 Budget Review and supporting detail.
- ASI Referendum: The committee will be informed of the latest developments of the referendum.
- Committee and Administrative Area Input: Respective areas will present initial thoughts and initial inputs on their budgets for 2019-2020 after meeting individually with the Vice President for Finance during the winter term.
- Policy 205 - Asset Management: The committee will review and discuss possible edits to the Asset Management Policy.
- ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castañeda
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.
External Organization & Departments
ASI currently offers university support funds to Anna Bing Arnold Children's Center, EOP (Educational Opportunity Program), Golden Eagle Radio, EPIC (Educational Participation in Communities), Dreamers Center, U-Pass Metro Program, and Veterans Resource Center. Click below to learn out more about the Funding and Budgeting for External Organizations & Departments over $3,000 here.