Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Adoption of Agenda for Wednesday, February 6, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Public Forum: This time is allotted to members of the public to address the subcommittee.
- Approval of Policy 017 - Cabinet of Commissioners Code of Procedure: The subcommittee will approve the policy edits made by the Cabinet of Commissioners.
Approval of additions to Policy 225 ASI Signature Authorization and Policy 216 Contract & Procurement: The subcommittee will consider the addition of a reference to Cal State LA Administration and Finance Policy 006 Policy for One-Up (Next-Level) Authorizations for Business Expenses.
- Suggested Text: DEFERENCE: This policy defers to Cal State LA Administration and Finance Policy 006 - Policy for One-Up (Next-Level) Authorizations for Business Expenses. Policy 006 establishes the University policy for maintaining appropriate internal controls with regard to authorization of business expenses and reimbursements. This affects all organizational units of the University, including auxiliaries, per Education Code, Sections 89720, 89750, 89752, 89756 and 89900(b); Title 5, California Code of Regulation, Sections 42401 and 42404; and CSU Executive Order 1000, Delegation of Fiscal Authority and Responsibility.
- Approval of Policy 210 Request for Payment Processing: The subcommittee will approve the policy edits made by the Finance Committee.
- Robert's Rules of Order Training: The subcommittee will discuss a possible structure for a Parliamentary Procedure Training.
- ASI Chief Justice
- Associate Justices
- Elections and Orientation Commissioner
- ASI Staff
Regularly Meets On:
The Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee of the Associated Students, Incorporated (ASI) of California State University, Los Angeles. It shall be the purpose and function of the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee to ensure that the governing documents, policies and procedures of ASI are in compliance with Title V of the Administrative Code of the State of California, Policy and Directives of the Board of Trustees of the California State University, Policies of the CSLA, the Articles of Incorporation, and the Bylaws.
What is the composition of the ASI Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee?
The Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee shall be composed of 7 voting and 3 non-voting members.
- The entire membership of the Judicial Review Committee as delineated in the ASI Bylaws (4 voting, 2 alternate)
- The ASI Elections & Orientation Commissioner
- A member of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- One student recommended by the Chief Justice to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- University President or designee (non-voting)
- ASI Senior Coordinator of Student Engagement & Outreach (non-voting)