Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Friday, March 15, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for Friday, February 1, 2019
Public Forum: This time is allotted for the public to make announcements and/or address the committee.
- Policies 012 and 019: The Committee will review and discuss the edits to the Environmental Policy Committee (EPC) Code of Procedure and ASI Sustainability Guildelines.
- EPC Resolutions: The committee will discuss resolutions in Support of the New Green Deal and a Campus Sustainability Commitment.
- Earth Day: The committee will discuss new ideas and the progress made in Earth Day planning.
- Student Garden: The committee will receive an update on the garden and discuss next steps.
- EPC Uniforms: The committee will discuss sizes and material for their cardigans.
- ASI Environmental Affairs Commissioner: Javier Moro
- ASI Environmental Policy Vice Chair: David Garcia
- ASI ECST Representative: Edgar Chavez
- ASI Student at Large Representative: Amber Jolly
- ASI Student at Large Representative: Marlen Millan
- ASI Student at Large Representative: Aroura Sarmiento
- ASI Interim Executive Director: Marcus A. Rodriguez
The Environmental Policy Committee formulates and encourages the adoption of policies that will make ASI's internal practices more environmentally sustainable. In addition the committee also seeks:
- to collaborate with Cal State LA administrators to formulate and encourage the adoption of policies that will make Cal State LA a more environmentally sustainable campus;
- to educate the on-campus community on the topic of environmental sustainability and environmental justice; and
- to formulate and encourage the adoption of policies that will make the California State University system more environmentally sustainable working primarily through the California State Student Association.
What is the composition of the ASI Environmental Policy Committee?
- The Environmental Policy Committee is composed of 12 voting members and 2 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following position(s):
- Eight (8) student members of the student body appointed with a simple majority consent of the BOD.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to Administrative Governing Policies 000-022 and review Policy 012 Environmental Policy Committee Code of Procedure.
Read more and GO GREEN!