Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Friday, April 19, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for Friday, March 15, 2019
Public Forum: This time is allotted for the public to make announcements and/or address the committee.
- Policy 019: The Committee will review and take action on the edits to the Environmental Policy Committee (EPC) ASI Sustainability Guidelines.
- Policy 012: The Committee will review and take action on the edits to the Environmental Policy Committee (EPC) Code of Procedures.
- Earth Day: The Committee will discuss past ideas and the progress made in Earth Day planning.
- Go Green Event: The Committee will reflect on the event and discuss what went well and what could have gone better.
- Tabling Efforts: The Committee will discuss the progress of EPC tabling efforts.
- Funds: The Committee will discuss purchases and budget ideas.
- ASI Environmental Policy Vice Chair: David Garcia
- ASI ECST Representative: Edgar Chavez
- ASI ECST Representative: Smit Patel
- ASI Student at Large Representative: Amber Jolly
- ASI Student at Large Representative: Marlen Millan
- ASI Student at Large Representative: Aroura Sarmiento
- ASI Student at Large Representative: Ugbad Farah
- ASI Student at Large Representative: Simone Benjamin
- ASI Interim Executive Director: Marcus A. Rodriguez
- ASI Environmental Policy Commissioner: Javier Moro
The Environmental Policy Committee formulates and encourages the adoption of policies that will make ASI's internal practices more environmentally sustainable. In addition the committee also seeks:
- to collaborate with Cal State LA administrators to formulate and encourage the adoption of policies that will make Cal State LA a more environmentally sustainable campus;
- to educate the on-campus community on the topic of environmental sustainability and environmental justice; and
- to formulate and encourage the adoption of policies that will make the California State University system more environmentally sustainable working primarily through the California State Student Association.
What is the composition of the ASI Environmental Policy Committee?
- The Environmental Policy Committee is composed of 12 voting members and 2 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following position(s):
- Eight (8) student members of the student body appointed with a simple majority consent of the BOD.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to Administrative Governing Policies 000-022 and review Policy 012 Environmental Policy Committee Code of Procedure.
Read more and GO GREEN!