Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Approval of Agenda for Wednesday February 14, 2018
II. Public Forum
- a. This time is allotted for members of the public or representatives to make announcements to the judicial review committee members.
IV. New Business
- a. Introductions: Judicial Review committees members will introduce themselves to fellow committee members
- b. Review policy 301: The committee will review Judicial Review Committee code of procedures
- c. Designate Minuet taker: Discuss how the designated minute taker will be chosen from the Associate Justices
d. Review policy 020: The committee will review ASI officer performance review & removal procedure
e. Review policy 025: The committee will review ASI officer performance expectation & management procedure.
- f. Goals and Expectations - Judicial Review committee members will share their goals and expectations for the committee, fellow committee members and themselves.
- a. ASI Chief justice: Nia Allen
- b. ASI Associate justice
- c. Faculty member
- d. ASI Staff
VI. Unfinished Business
Regularly Meets On:
ARTICLE I-AUTHORITY AND FUNCTION
These codes shall act as the governing procedures for the Judicial Review Committee (JRC) of the Associated Students, Incorporated (ASI) of California State University, Los Angeles.
Section 1 - Authority
- The power of the Judicial Review Committee is derived from the Associated Students, Inc. Bylaws, Article IX, Section 6.
Section 2 - Function
The Judicial Review Committee shall:
- After appropriate legal consultation, have the power to declare corporation action contrary to the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, or any Code. Such declarations shall then be referred to the Board of Directors for immediate remedial action pursuant to Bylaws Article VI, Section 1, Clause
- Act as an advisory committee to the ASI Board of Directors.
- Declare all elections results.
- Hear all alleged violations of the election campaign rules and regulations outlined in the Elections Committee Code of Procedure.
- Resolve grievances between regular members of the Associated Students, Inc., as defined in the ASI Bylaws, and all elected and appointed officers of ASI relative to the functioning of ASI.
- Hear other grievances or issues referred to the JRC by the BOD, or University President.
ARTICLE II - MEMBERSHIP AND DUTIES
Section 1 - Voting Membership
- The voting membership of the JRC shall consist of a Chief Justice, three (3) Associate Justices and one (1) faculty member.
The Chief Justice and the Associate Justices shall be recommended by the ASI President and appointed by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the B.O.D.
- The justices may not hold any elected or appointed office within ASI.
- The justices must be regular members of the Associated Students, Inc. in good standing as defined by the University Registrar.
- The faculty member shall be recommended by the Committee on Committees of the Academic Senate and shall be approved by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the BOD.
Section 2 - Nonvoting Membership
- The nonvoting membership of the JRC shall consist of the University President or his/her designee and the ASI Programs Coordinator.