Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for Thursday, January 24, 2018
Public Forum: This time is allotted for members of the public to make announcements and/or address the Cabinet.
- Bi- Weekly Meetings: The Cabinet will be reminded to set up bi-weekly meetings with the ASI President and the Interim Executive Director.
- Special Presentation by the ASI Vice President for Finance (time certain 3:30 p.m. - 15 min): The ASI VPF will inform the Cabinet on ways they can support the referendum.
- Special Presentation by the ASI Secretary/ Treasurer (time certain 3:45 p.m. - 15 min): The ASI Secretary/Treasurer will discuss spring semester expectations. More at: https://asicalstatela.org/sites/default/files/content/attachments/2019/01/service-proposal-asi-bod-members.pdf
- ASI Open Positions: The Cabinet will be informed about the open positions in ASI and how the group can help fill these positions.
- Policy 018: The Cabinet will discuss Policy 018 - College Representatives Code of Procedure and take recommendations to enhance the current text regarding reports, accessing funds, and specific duties.
- Committee Chair: Jocelyn Vargas
- Arts and Letters: Jacob Amaya and Selene Castillo
- Business and Economics: Christopher Koo
- Charter College of Education: Vacant
- Engineer, Computer Science, and Technology: Smitkumar Patel and Edgar Chavez
- Natural & Social Sciences: Davona Watson and Fritza Plasencia
- Xu College of Health and Human Services: Rashad Freeman and Jocelyn Vargas
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
- ASI Staff: Marcus A. Rodriguez
Regularly Meets On:
The purpose and function of the Cabinet of College Representatives is to support college representatives by opening lines of communication and collaboration within the unit.
Under the direct supervision of the ASI President the college representatives work together to ensure open lines of communication and collaboration within the unit. They also:
- Strengthen the communication amongst all college representatives by sharing developments, programs, and concerns within each college.
- Assess and identify students' needs and develop strong strategies of addressing their needs on short-term and long-term basis.
- Establish inter-collegiate programs or initiatives and collaboratively plan and implement these programs and initiatives.
- Review the collective College Representative quarterly allocated budget and make the final decision on how to distribute funds for inter-collegiate events and initiatives. It is understood that based on the financial needs of the organization, all final budget decisions can be revisited quarterly.