Date / Time:
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 - 3:30pm to 5:00pm
ASI Conference Rm 203, 2nd Floor, University-Student Union
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Adoption of Agenda for May 8, 2019
- Adoption of Minutes for March 25, 2019
Public Forum/Announcements: This time is allotted for members of the public to address the Committee.
- Elections Feedback: The Committee will provide feedback on the overall Elections area.
- Policy 004: The Committee will review Policy 004 and provide any recommendations for edit.
- GIA Disbursements: The Committee will discuss the disbursement of GIA for their service.
- ASI Elections and Outreach Commissioner: Jessal Salas
- ASI General Election Committee Student Member: Steven Garcia
- ASI General Election Committee Student Member: Andres Ortiz
- ASI General Election Committee Student Member: Briana Morales
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
Last modified on May 8, 2019
Regularly Meets On:
Please check our meeting calendar for the next meeting
*Please check meeting list to confirm times and locations
The purpose and function of the ASI General Elections Committee is to:
- Market ASI and successfully recruit new members throughout the year but especially for the spring general elections.
- Recommend the dates and times for all ASI Elections to the BOD.
- Assist the VPA and Elections and Orientations Commissioner with organizing and marketing every aspect of the general elections process.
- Develop an Elections Packet with a candidate's application for office for distribution at opening of the filing period.
- Publicize notices of filing dates and vacant offices with their descriptions and qualifications, as prescribed by the Elections Code.
What is the composition of the ASI General Election Commission Committee?
- The Commission shall be composed of the Elections & Orientation Commissioner and three (3) Marketing/Election Commission members who are identified as regular members of the Associated Students Inc. (Article 1, Section 3, Clause 1 of the A.S.I. Bylaws).
- The remaining committee members shall be recommended by the Elections & Orientation Commissioner to the ASI President, and shall be recommended for approval by a 2/3 majority of the B.O.D.
Duties and Responsibilities
- For more information go to Administrative Governing Policies 000-022 and review Policy 004 Elections Committee Codes of Procedures.
Last modified on August 20, 2019