Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of the Agenda for Friday, August 30, 2019
Public Comment: This time is allotted for the public to address the committee regarding items not included on the meeting agenda. Speaker cards are available for those wanting to speak on agenda items as listed below. Those comments will be heard as the item is introduced.
Special Presentation: Food & Water Watch - Nicole Levin from the FWW organization will address the committee.
- Team expectations/ground rules
- Code of Procedures
- Beach Clean-up: The committee will discuss program proposal and discuss upcoming event.
- Habitat-Restoration at Debs Park: The committee will discuss volunteer work with LA Works and the Audubon Society at Debs Park.
- Spirit Week: The committee will discuss the EPC's contribution to Spirit Week.
- Policies: The committee will discuss policies that will be amended and introduced for the Fall 2019 Semester.
- Goals for the Fall Semester: The committee will outline goals set out for the Fall 2019 semester.
- ASI Environmental Affairs Commissioner
- ASI Student Representative - Amy Vasquez
- ASI Student Representative - Simone Benjamin
- ASI Student Representative - Hannah Valliere
- ASI Student Representative - Javier Moro
- ASI Senior Coordinator of Student Engagement & Outreach
The Environmental Policy Committee formulates and encourages the adoption of policies that will make ASI's internal practices more environmentally sustainable. In addition the committee also seeks:
- to collaborate with Cal State LA administrators to formulate and encourage the adoption of policies that will make Cal State LA a more environmentally sustainable campus;
- to educate the on-campus community on the topic of environmental sustainability and environmental justice; and
- to formulate and encourage the adoption of policies that will make the California State University system more environmentally sustainable working primarily through the California State Student Association.
What is the composition of the ASI Environmental Policy Committee?
- The Environmental Policy Committee is composed of 12 voting members and 2 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following position(s):
- Eight (8) student members of the student body appointed with a simple majority consent of the BOD.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to Administrative Governing Policies 000-022 and review Policy 012 Environmental Policy Committee Code of Procedure.
Read more and GO GREEN!