Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of the Agenda for Friday, October 25, 2019
- Approval of the Minutes for Friday, October 11, 2019
II. Public Comment: This time is allotted for the public to address the committee regarding items not included on the meeting agenda.
- Sustainability Map Project: The committee will discuss a project that would bring forth an interactive map of all related sustainable items on campus (i.e. water refill stations and recycling receptacles).
- Earth Week: The committee will discuss plans for Earth Week.
- Campus Sustainability Committee: Environmental Affairs Commissioner and ASI Student Representative Aurora Sarmiento will give a summary of the meeting.
- Group Discussion: The Committee will address any items put forth by the members.
- ASI Environmental Affairs Commissioner
- ASI Student Representative - Amy Vasquez
- ASI Student Representative - Simone Benjamin
- ASI Student Representative - Hannah Valliere
- ASI Student Representative - Aurora Sarmiento
- ASI Student Representative - Matiana Parra
- ASI Student Representative - Marlen Millan
- ASI Senior Coordinator of Student Engagement & Outreach
The Environmental Policy Committee formulates and encourages the adoption of policies that will make ASI's internal practices more environmentally sustainable. In addition the committee also seeks:
- to collaborate with Cal State LA administrators to formulate and encourage the adoption of policies that will make Cal State LA a more environmentally sustainable campus;
- to educate the on-campus community on the topic of environmental sustainability and environmental justice; and
- to formulate and encourage the adoption of policies that will make the California State University system more environmentally sustainable working primarily through the California State Student Association.
What is the composition of the ASI Environmental Policy Committee?
- The Environmental Policy Committee is composed of 12 voting members and 2 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following position(s):
- Eight (8) student members of the student body appointed with a simple majority consent of the BOD.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to Administrative Governing Policies 000-022 and review Policy 012 Environmental Policy Committee Code of Procedure.
Read more and GO GREEN!