Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for August 28, 2019
Public Comment: This time is allotted for the public to address the Judicial Review Committee regarding items not included on the meeting agenda. Speaker cards are available for those wanting to speak on agenda items as listed below. Those comments will be heard as the item is introduced.
- Administrative Manual Template: The Chief Justice will present the updated Administrative Manual Template prepared by ASI Studio 47.
- Action Items
- Amendments to Policy 011: The committee will consider amendments to the Strategic Planning Committee's Code of Procedure.
- Amendments to Policy 012: The committee will consider amendments to the Environmental Policy Committee's Code of Procedure.
- Amendments to Policy 019: The committee will consider amendments to the ASI Sustainability Policy.
- Status of Bylaws and COP: The committee will review the status of the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Subcommittee within the structure of the organization.
- Status of Environmental Policy Committee: The committee will review the status of the Environmental Policy Committee within the organization.
- Status of Elections Committee: The committee will review the status of the Elections Committee within the organization.
- Amendments to Policy 301: The committee will review and discuss potential amendments to the Judicial Review Committee's Code of Procedure.
- Amendments to Policy 302: The subcommittee will review and discuss potential amendments to the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Subcommittee's Code of Procedure.
- Training reflection: The subcommittee will reflect on the ASI Justice Training held on August 21.
- Robert's Rules Training: The subcommittee will discuss a potential Robert's Rules Training event to be held on campus.
- ASI Chief Justice
- ASI Associate Justice: Alexander Morales
- ASI Associate Justice: Ryan Yoo
- ASI Senior Coordinator of Student Engagement & Outreach
- University President's Designee
Regularly Meets On:
ARTICLE I-AUTHORITY AND FUNCTION
These codes shall act as the governing procedures for the Judicial Review Committee (JRC) of the Associated Students, Incorporated (ASI) of California State University, Los Angeles.
Section 1 - Authority
- The power of the Judicial Review Committee is derived from the Associated Students, Inc. Bylaws, Article IX, Section 6.
Section 2 - Function
The Judicial Review Committee shall:
- After appropriate legal consultation, have the power to declare corporation action contrary to the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, or any Code. Such declarations shall then be referred to the Board of Directors for immediate remedial action pursuant to Bylaws Article VI, Section 1, Clause
- Act as an advisory committee to the ASI Board of Directors.
- Declare all elections results.
- Hear all alleged violations of the election campaign rules and regulations outlined in the Elections Committee Code of Procedure.
- Resolve grievances between regular members of the Associated Students, Inc., as defined in the ASI Bylaws, and all elected and appointed officers of ASI relative to the functioning of ASI.
- Hear other grievances or issues referred to the JRC by the BOD, or University President.
ARTICLE II - MEMBERSHIP AND DUTIES
Section 1 - Voting Membership
- The voting membership of the JRC shall consist of a Chief Justice, three (3) Associate Justices and one (1) faculty member.
The Chief Justice and the Associate Justices shall be recommended by the ASI President and appointed by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the B.O.D.
- The justices may not hold any elected or appointed office within ASI.
- The justices must be regular members of the Associated Students, Inc. in good standing as defined by the University Registrar.
- The faculty member shall be recommended by the Committee on Committees of the Academic Senate and shall be approved by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the BOD.
Section 2 - Nonvoting Membership
- The nonvoting membership of the JRC shall consist of the University President or his/her designee and the ASI Programs Coordinator.