Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call
c. Approval of Agenda for Thursday, April 23, 2020
d. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, April 9, 2020
II. Public Comment: This time is allotted for the public to address the Board regarding items not included on the meeting agenda. Speaker cards are available for those wanting to speak on agenda items as listed below. Those comments will be heard as the item is introduced.
III. Information Items
a. ASI Competitions- The Board will be informed of the ASI competitions for the remainder of the term.
IV. Action Items
a. 9&3 Operating Budget- The Board will consider taking action on the draft of the 9&3 Operating Budget.
b. Mental Health Resolution- The Board will consider taking action on the CAPS resolution.
c. Personnel Committee Code of Procedure- Policy 101- The Board will consider taking action on the Personnel COP policy with the recommended edits.
d. Student Assistant Hiring Policy- Policy 109- The Board will consider taking action on the Student Assistant Hiring policy with the recommended edits.
V. Discussion Items
a. CARES ACT Funding-
b. Universal Grading Resolution- The Board will discuss a resolution submitted by graduate students.
c. 2020-2021 Budget - The Board will discuss the 2020-2021 Budget as presented.
d. Student Leader Elections
a. ASI President
b. ASI Vice President for Administration
c. ASI Vice President for Finance
d. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance
e. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement
f. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
g. ASI Board of Directors
h. Professional Staff
i. University Designee
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure see below