Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call
c. Approval of Agenda for Thursday, April 9, 2020
d. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, March 5, 2020
II. Public Comment: This time is allotted for the public to address the Board regarding items not included on the meeting agenda. Speaker cards are available for those wanting to speak on agenda items as listed below. Those comments will be heard as the item is introduced.
III. Information Items
a. CSSA Letter of Response to COVID-19- The Board will be informed of the recently passed letter from CSSA.
b. Annual Evaluations Timeline- The Board will be informed of the timeline for end of the year staff evaluations.
c. Office Hours- The Board will be informed on optional Zoom office hours.
IV. Discussion Items
a. 9&3 Operating Budget- The Board will discuss the draft of the 9&3 Operating Budget.
b. Mental Health Resolution- The Board will discuss a mental health resolution written by ASI members and the Social Justice Caucus.
c. Advocacy for Student Fees- The Board will discuss advocacy efforts on refunds for half of the semester on student fees.
d. Status Report on Designated Projects- The Board will discuss advancements on the projects discussed during the ASI Brainstorm session.
e. State of Affairs- The Board will be informed and discuss the State of Affairs Report presented by the ASI President.
a. ASI President
b. ASI Vice President for Administration
c. ASI Vice President for Finance
d. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance
e. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement
f. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
g. ASI Board of Directors
h. Staff Support Director
i. University Designee
|PDF CAPS Resolution Final Edits 4.5.20||190.04 KB|
|9&3 Operating Budget Draft rev 3.27.20||409.47 KB|
|9&3 Administration Detail rev 3.13.20||174.14 KB|
|9&3 Student Government Detail rev 3.13.20||216.65 KB|
|9&3 Student University Support Detail rev 3.27.20||243.72 KB|
|CSSA COVID-19 Letter||263.78 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure see below