Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Approval of the Minutes for January 29, 2020
II. Public Forum: This time is allotted for the public to address the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Subcommittee regarding items not included on the meeting agenda. Speaker cards are available for those wanting to speak on agenda items as listed below. Those comments will be heard as the item is introduced.
III. Discussion Items
A. Committee Assignments: The committee will continue to discuss parliamentarian assignments and determine where vacancies exist
B. Existing Projects: The committee will assess what projects were assigned to them by the former Chief Justice and collectively report information and progress
A. ASI Chief Justice
B. ASI Associate Justice - Alexander Morales
C. ASI Associate Justice - Alejandro Oveido
D. University President Designee
Regularly Meets On:
The Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee of the Associated Students, Incorporated (ASI) of California State University, Los Angeles. It shall be the purpose and function of the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee to ensure that the governing documents, policies and procedures of ASI are in compliance with Title V of the Administrative Code of the State of California, Policy and Directives of the Board of Trustees of the California State University, Policies of the CSLA, the Articles of Incorporation, and the Bylaws.
What is the composition of the ASI Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee?
The Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee shall be composed of 7 voting and 3 non-voting members.
- The entire membership of the Judicial Review Committee as delineated in the ASI Bylaws (4 voting, 2 alternate)
- The ASI Elections & Orientation Commissioner
- A member of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- One student recommended by the Chief Justice to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- University President or designee (non-voting)
- ASI Senior Coordinator of Student Engagement & Outreach (non-voting)