Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
II. Public Forum/Announcements
1. This time is allotted for the public to address the General Elections Committee regarding items not included on the meeting agenda.
III. Action Items
1. Policy 004: The committee will consider amendments discussed in the last committee meeting.
IV. Discussion Items
Regularly Meets On:
The purpose and function of the ASI General Elections Committee is to:
- Market ASI and successfully recruit new members throughout the year but especially for the spring general elections.
- Recommend the dates and times for all ASI Elections to the BOD.
- Assist the VPA and Elections and Orientations Commissioner with organizing and marketing every aspect of the general elections process.
- Develop an Elections Packet with a candidate's application for office for distribution at opening of the filing period.
- Publicize notices of filing dates and vacant offices with their descriptions and qualifications, as prescribed by the Elections Code.
What is the composition of the ASI General Election Commission Committee?
- The Commission shall be composed of the Elections & Orientation Commissioner and three (3) Marketing/Election Commission members who are identified as regular members of the Associated Students Inc. (Article 1, Section 3, Clause 1 of the A.S.I. Bylaws).
- The remaining committee members shall be recommended by the Elections & Orientation Commissioner to the ASI President, and shall be recommended for approval by a 2/3 majority of the B.O.D.
Duties and Responsibilities
- For more information go to Administrative Governing Policies 000-022 and review Policy 004 Elections Committee Codes of Procedures.