Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
A. Call to OrderB. Roll CallC. Approval of Agenda for June 23, 2022D. Certification of Minutes for June 9, 2022
II. Welcome guests Board meetings are open to the public and especially students are encouraged and welcome to attend. Commissioners, Senators, Justices are encouraged to attend BOD meetings and sit at the table, even though you do not serve on the Board nor do you have a vote. Appointed and elected student leaders may request to present information to the Board or ask for a discussion topic through the President.
Welcome Danielle Chambers, Interim AVP and Dean of Students!
III. Public Comment: This time is allotted for the public to address the Board regarding items not included on the meeting agenda.
IV. Informational Items
A. Results of the Spring 2022 graduate student survey – presented by Senator John Eleby
V. Action Items
VI. Discussion Items
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure see below