Date / Time:
Friday, September 9, 2022 - 12:00pm to 2:00pm
U-SU Alhambra Room 305
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, September 9, 2022
d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, April 15, 2022
II. Public Comment – Public comment is intended as a time for any member of the public to address the committee on any issues affecting ASI and/or Cal State LA.
III. Information Items:
a. Policy 226 Funding Sub-Committee Code of Procedure – The committee will review the COP.
b. Policy 204 Finance Funding Guidelines Policy – The committee will review the Funding Guidelines.
c. ASI Direct Funding Allocations Guidelines– The committee will review the direct funding allocations guidelines.
d. Policy 213 – Academic Travel Policy – The committee will review the Academic Travel Policy
IV. Action Items:
a. Appoint a Vice Chair for Funding Sub-Committee
b. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) – Mentorship – 9/22/2022 - $416.66
a. ASI Vice Chair for Finance: Curtis Gaines
b. ASI Vice President for Finance: Andrew Klein
Last modified on January 27, 2023
Regularly Meets On:
Every Other Friday from Noon- 2 pm
Please check our meeting calendar for the next meeting
*Please check meeting list to confirm times and locations
The Funding Sub-committee is a sub-committee of the Finance Committee, hereafter referred to as the Funding Committee.
- A. This committee is only granted the Authority for Allocations. This sole authority of taking action on funding proposals is referenced in Article IV, Section 1, of the Finance Committee Code of Procedure - Policy 201.
- B. As is the nature of a sub-committee; the Finance Committee, and ultimately the Board of Directors (BOD), have the power to reverse or change any action, or supplement for any lack of action, taken in this committee.
What is the composition of the Funding Committee?
The Funding Committee shall be composed of nine (9) voting members and six (6) non-voting members.
- A. ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.) (Committee Chair)
- B. ASI Vice President for Finance (V.P.F.)
- C. ASI President
- D. ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- E. Two members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with majority consent of the BOD
- F. Three students recommended by the ASI Vice President for Finance to the ASI President with majority consent of the BOD (non - ASI BOD)
- G. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- H. ASI Office Manager (non-voting)
- I. University Dean of Students or designee (non-voting)
- J. Center for Student Involvement (C.S.I.) representative (non-voting)
- K. CFO of the University or designee (non-voting)
- L. UAS representative or designee (non-voting)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Funding Committee to:
- A. Act as the first step in a multi-level approval process in requests for appropriation of Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) funds in accordance with these Codes, the ASI Administrative Manual, and the ASI Bylaws.
- B. Maintain a transparent and efficient funding process for the distribution of ASI funds.
Last modified on September 16, 2019