Under the supervision of the Associated Students, Inc., (ASI) Associate Executive Director, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for planning and organizing the organization's day-to-day operations. This position will assist with various student support initiatives and develop sound fiscal and operating practices while maintaining accurate records, policies, and procedures.
The Administrative Coordinator will utilize and educate student staff and student leaders on specific operating policies and procedures. Perform research, prepare reports with recommended courses of action, conduct detailed analytical studies, and develop questionnaires or complex documents to make recommendations for changes in policy or procedures.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Associate Executive Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist in the coordination of various ASI programs, services, and policies as provided for in the
ASI Administrative Manual.
Work with Executive Director and Associate Executive Director to effectively utilize resources
and staff by reviewing and assessing long and short- term administrative planning objectives
operational policies, accounting procedures, staffing needs and general office services.
Educate student staff on ASI policies, University policies, California Education Code and Title 5
of the State of California.
Meet regularly with Executive Director and Associate Executive Director to discuss daily
operation, changes, and other procurement needs.
Assist the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director with other special projects as
Oversee ASI Executive Officers, Board of Director, and Staff Travel Requests and Travel Claims
in a timely manner for review by Associate Executive Director.
- Perform general clerical support for Associated Students, Inc.
Assist with establishing and evaluating standards of excellence related to office procedures
for use of telephones, turnaround times, staff coverage, cross training, and customer service.
Provide administrative support with all required audit functions and ensure that we meet the
required deadlines for the GAAP and Chancellor’s Office Audits.
- Assist in fiscal year end closing procedures.
Coordinate ASI Services to include, but not limited to Locker Program, Textbook program,
and ASI Discount Ticket Program.
- Maintain records of ASI Office and Equipment Asset Inventory.
Assist the Associate Executive Director with the development and management of a system of
controls for ASI financial management.
- Assist with reconciling and maintaining accounts receivables/payables.
Review preparation of Requests for Payment or Purchase (RPP’s) and maintain resource,
vendor, credit card, product, and administrative files.
- Oversee the processing of Club and Organization funding requests.
Programming and Services Responsibilities:
Assist in the implementation and planning of various ASI programs, trainings, retreats, and
initiatives (e.g., Homecoming, Leadership Retreat)
Supports planning special events and meetings, coordinates room and catering needs, and
Student Government Responsibilities:
Assist with the application process for student leaders and committee membership (i.e. timely
collection and distribution of applications, creation of information for BOD review, and
posting online, etc.), creating and filing appointment memos, tracking campus-wide
appointments, scheduling interviews, and maintaining a committee database with meeting
times/dates and committee descriptions.
- Gather background material for agendas, meetings, and special presentations.
- Oversee the transcription of ASI meeting minutes and posting online.
- Assist with the management of all ASI Business E-mail accounts, and website updates.
- Advise and provide support to ASI standing and ad hoc committees.
Student Staff Supervision Responsibilities:
- Assist in the efficient work schedule assignments of student staff.
- Schedule staff meetings and assist with training development Manage Target Safety trainings.
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring, orientation, training, and discipline of ASI student staff.