Regularly Meets On:
Meeting Time/day: 1st and 3rd week Monday, 12:15p-1:30p
Chair: Veena Prabhu
Recording Secretary: Myda Cholakyan
Executive Secretary: Michelle Hawley
The Academic Advisement Subcommittee surveys all academic advisement activities and policies on campus and makes recommendations to the Educational Policy Committee. This subcommittee is a subcommittee of the Educational Policy Committee.
- Considers and recommends on a continuing basis programs to enhance faculty academic advisement skills including particular skills needed for advising students of diverse cultural backgrounds in a manner which is free of personal bias.
- Considers and recommends on a continuing basis activities and policies for the Academic Advisement Center.
- Reviews periodically the academic advisement systems for each of the colleges and recommends modifications to the colleges and/or to the Educational Policy Committee as appropriate.
- Examines periodically the standards and guidelines for faculty academic advisers.
A.S.I. Committee Goal and Expectations
- Ensure that all approved advisor training programs take into account the needs of the student population of Cal State LA.
- Reexamine the standards and guidelines of faculty academic advisors to ensure the efficiency and quality of academic advisement
- Provide student opinion based input regarding the Academic Advisement Center