Take Your Seat at the Table!
Through Associated Students, Inc. (A.S.I.) emerging and seasoned student leaders are encoraged to take their seat at the table providing an opportunity, to influcence important decission being made on campus. Having a true and measurable impact, students serving in committees or A.S.I. Student Government positions are empowered to present the student perspective while participating in the Shared Governenace of Cal State LA.
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT?
The time commitment will vary between each committee. Based on your availability the meetings can range from one (1) hour meetings per semester to several hours a week. See the meeting frequency under each committee.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Find a committee you are interested in by going to OPEN POSITIONS https://asicalstatela.org/open-positions
- Review Basic Eligibility Requirements.
- Application Deadlines: To be considered for a position you must apply by the Friday before a Board of Directors meeting. You can view the application deadlines via this link: Application Deadlines
- Once you submit your online application a copy will be emailed to you.
- The interviewing officer will contact you for an interview within five (5) business days from submission. If this does not happen please contact the A.S.I. Secretary Treasurer in the Administrative Office at 323-343-4778.
- Once you apply you will be contacted for an interview with the Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG) or the appropriate interviewing officer. They will explain the expectations and requirements. If this does not happen please contact the A.S.I. Secretary Treasurer in the Administrative Office at 323-343-4778.
- Upon appointment by the A.S.I. Board of Directors you will need to attend a Committee Member Orientation.
BENEFITS OF JOINING A COMMITTEE:
- Professional Networking Opportunities
- Resume & Portfolio Building
- Leadership Development
- Positively Impact and Influence the future of Cal State LA
- Policy Writing & Analysis Experience
- $25 Incentive per Committee Meeting
If you have any questions regarding the above please contact the A.S.I. Administrative Office 323-343-4778.