Cal State LA A.S.I. is a student run auxiliary corporation that influences and makes important decisions on campus. Whether you like to create policies, advocate for student rights, or just want to meet new friends, we've got you covered. Get involved today! Explore what you're most passionate about and jump right in!
Please view the list of open A.S.I. student leadership positions listed below. If you do not meet the eligibility requirements to apply for a student leadership position, consider becoming an A.S.I. volunteer.
A.S.I. prides itself in being a learning laboratory-an organization that is "For the students, by the students." Therefore, we welcome all students to become a volunteer and take another step in becoming/serving as a student leader on campus.
Open Postions for 2017-18:
Board of Directors - College Representatives:
- Arts & Letters (1)
- Business & Economics (2)
- Charter College of Education (1)
- Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology (2)
- Xu College of Health & Human Services (2)
- Chief Justice (1)
- Associate Justices (3)
- Spirit (1)
- Veterans Affairs (1)
- Public Relations and Marketing (1)
- Environmental Affairs (1)
- Election & Orientation (1)
- Housing (1)
- Undergraduate (2)
- Graduate (2)
If You Are Ready!
If you know the committee name and or position you are interested in applying for then fill out the online application HERE!
To be considered for a position you applied for you must apply by the Friday before a Board of Directors meeting. You can view the application deadlines via this link: Application Deadlines
Before you apply - If you still need more information regarding available positions & requirements please read this link Appyling for an Open Position.
Elected and Appointed Positions & Requirements:
- A.S.I. Board of Director
- Academic Senator & Cabinet of Academic Senators
- A.S.I. Chief Justice
- A.S.I. Associate Justice and Judicial Review Committee
- A.S.I. Commissioners and Cabinet of Commissioners
University Campus Wide & A.S.I. Internal Committees
- (View the vacant campus wide committees/external committees HERE!)
- You can earn up to $200 per semester by attending meetings on campus representing the student voice.
Graduate Students Needed:
- What better way to enhance your resume and gain experience than to sit on a committee serving the needs of your fellow graduate students. You can view the vacant campus wide committees that are graduate specific HERE!)
Volunteer Positions & Requirements:
- Contact Programs and Marketing Advisor at
Please read the requirements for each position prior to submitting your completed online application. Your application will be sent to the interviewing officer and you should be contacted for an interview within five business days from submission.
If this does not happen please contact the A.S.I. Secretary Treasurer in the Administrative Office at 323-343-4778.