A.S.I. Strategic Planning Committee Goals & Recommendations for 2015-2016
With A.S.I.'s purpose and vision central to our charge, the Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) will be meeting with internal and external stakeholders to reaffirm the strategic plan for A.S.I. and develop an encompassing long term plan for the next five years. Below you will find the 2015-16 goals for you to review and incorporate into your daily actions planning for A.S.I. this year.
The purpose of Associated Students, Inc. is to:
- provide and promote opportunities for student participation in campus governance.
- provide an official voice through which student opinion may be expressed.
- provide an opportunity for students to gain experience and training in responsible civic participation and community leadership.
- advocate for the rights and interests of students.
- support the educational, social, physical and cultural well-being of the university community.
Our Motto: "For the students, by the students."
There are four themes that shape the 2015-16 strategic goals: Involvement, Advocacy, Pride, & Excellence
► To enhance programs, services, and initiatives to appeal to the diverse population of students at Cal State LA
► To establish and implement a Student Advocacy Agenda through the structure/vehicle of Shared Governance to ensure the student voice and input is heard on campus and in the greater community.
► To establish a sense of ownership and school spirit within the student population through a Cal State LA Spirit & Pride Campaign in collaboration with administrative, staff, and student entities.
► To promote professional & academic excellence at Cal State LA