Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Approval of Agenda for Thursday, May 4, 2017
- d. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, April 20, 2017
- e. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, January 26, 2017
- f. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, September 1, 2016
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. Special Presentation
- a. Student Involvement Appreciation the Division of Student Life's Student Policy Council will give recognition to students who have participated and dedicated time to serve the Cal State LA community with their hard work.
- a. Vice President for Academic Governance: John Martinez
- b. Academic Senators Reports: Elise Dang, Leslym Mendez, Stephen Fossett
- c. Committee Representative Reports
V. Old Business
- a. Comprehensive Recruitment and Appointment Process Map: The A.S.I. Executive Director will report on efforts made to support committee involvement.
VI. New Business
Regularly Meets On:
The purpose and function of the Shared Governance Council (SGC) of the Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) of California State University, Los Angeles.
- A. Review, research and make recommendations on, but not limited to, Academic and Administrative policy affecting students.
- B. Maintain active communication to the student body regarding but not limited to Academic and Administrative Affairs by creating resolutions, white papers, utilizing media outlets etc.
- C. Work with all appropriate areas in order to ensure that genuine Shared Governance is being upheld between students, faculty, and administration. These areas include but are not limited to: ASI College Representatives, Department Chairs, Students, etc.
- D. Create annual assessments for the student success fee and any student fee the council deems appropriate to ensure effective and ethical use of student fees.
- E. Create assessments ascertaining the quality of service offered to students that the council finds appropriate.
What is the composition of the SGC?
Shared Governance Council membership:
- A. Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG) (chair, non-voting)
- B. ASI Academic Senators (3 Undergraduates, 2 Post -Baccalaureates) (one of which shall be appointed vice-chair at the first or second meeting of the SGC)
- C. Student Representatives appointed by the BOD to all University and Academic Senate Committees and Subcommittees
- D. All official ASI Board members that are required to sit on a University or Academic Senate Committee or Subcommittee
- E. Faculty Appointee (one faculty member selected by the Committee on Committees of the Academic Senate, non-voting committee advisor)
- F. The Provost or the Provost's designee (non-voting committee advisor)