Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
- c. Adoption of Agenda for March 21, 2018
d. Adoption of Minutes for November 27, 2017
e. Adoption of Minutes for March 7, 2018
II. Public Forum/Announcement
- This time is allotted for members of the public or representatives to make announcements to the bylaws committee members.
a. Policy Review:
i. Policy 214 Travel Procedures - The committee will review and take action policy edits approved by the Finance Committee.
- ii. Policy 009 Eligibility -The Committee will review and take action on policy recommendations to the following procedures recommended by the Executive Committee.
iii. Policy 020 ASI Office Performance & Removal Procedure - The Committee will review and take action on policy recommendations to the following procedures recommended by the Executive Committee.
iv. Policy 015 - Cabinet of Academic Senators Code of Procedure - The Committee will review and take action on policy recommendations to the following procedures recommended by the Cabinet or Academic Senators Committee.
- i. Policy 214 Travel Procedures - The committee will review and take action policy edits approved by the Finance Committee.
IV. New Business
a. Chief Justice & Associate Justice Position Duty Review - The committee will review current position requirements and make possible recommendations regarding GIA allocations.
- Judicial Review Committee COP Policy 301
V. Old Business
- a. Removal of Appointed Members Language in Governing Codes of Procedures - The committee will continue reviewing the language regarding removal of appointed members reflected in each Code of Procedures addressing allowable consecutive unexcused absences, unexcused absences, unexcused tardies, or unexcused early departures during any one (1) semester.
- a. Chief Justice
- b. Associate Justices
- c. Elections and Orientation Commissioner
- d. ASI Staff: Intef W. Weser
Regularly Meets On:
The Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee of the Associated Students, Incorporated (ASI) of California State University, Los Angeles. It shall be the purpose and function of the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee to ensure that the governing documents, policies and procedures of ASI are in compliance with Title V of the Administrative Code of the State of California, Policy and Directives of the Board of Trustees of the California State University, Policies of the CSLA, the Articles of Incorporation, and the Bylaws.
What is the composition of the ASI Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee?
The Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee shall be composed of 7 voting and 3 non-voting members.
- The entire membership of the Judicial Review Committee as delineated in the ASI Bylaws (4 voting, 2 alternate)
- The ASI Elections Commissioner
- A member of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- One student recommended by the Chief Justice to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- Associated Students Executive Director (non-voting)
- University President or designee (non-voting)
- Student Program Advisor (non-voting)