Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
- c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, July 13, 2018
- d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, May 4, 2018
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. New Business:
- a. Information Item: Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedures - The committee will review the Finance Committee COP (20 minutes)
b. Information Item: Policy 204 Funding Guidelines Policy- The committee will review the Funding Guidelines (20 minutes)
- i. Discuss Authority of Allocations
- ii. A.S.I. Direct Funding Allocation Guidelines
- c. Discussion Item: Process for Club Funding Request - The committee will review an example club funding request to understand the entire process.
d. Action Item: Reinstate the Alternative Funding and Referendum Ad Hoc Committee - The committee will review the charge of this committee and take action to reinstate.
i. ASI Referendum 2018
- e. Action Item: Reinstate the Scholarships & Awards Ad Hoc Committee - The committee will review the charge of this Ad Hoc committee and take action to reinstate.
- i. Book Voucher Program
- f. Information Item: Reading a Financial Statement - The committee will review how to read a monthly financial statement.
- a. ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
|Alternative Funding Referendum Ad Hoc Committee Membership 2018||56.09 KB|
|Scholarship & Awards Ad Hoc Committee Membership 2018||56.41 KB|
|ASI May 2018 Financials||56.24 KB|
|Finance Committee Meeting Minues - 05.04.18 (draft)||197.08 KB|
|Book Voucher Program||86.81 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.
External Organization & Departments
ASI currently offers university support funds to Anna Bing Arnold Children's Center, EOP (Educational Opportunity Program), Golden Eagle Radio, EPIC (Educational Participation in Communities), Dreamers Center, U-Pass Metro Program, and Veterans Resource Center. Click below to learn out more about the Funding and Budgeting for External Organizations & Departments over $3,000 here.