Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, July 27, 2018
d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, July 13, 2018
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. Information Items
a. Policy 218 Referendum Guidelines: The committee will review the following policy for understanding of a Referendum Advisory Committee created by ASI via the Alternative Funding and Referendum Ad Hoc Committee.
b. Findings from Internal Audit: The committee will review the final observations after the University conducted an Internal Audit. The chair will also be providing possible policy edit suggestions to resolve the observations.
IV. Discussion Items:
a. Reviewing Budget and Detail of 2018/2019 Operating Budget: The committee will begin to review the contents of the operating budget and supporting detail.
b. Proposed 2018/2019 Operating Budget Pending: The committee will be provided an update on the Proposed 2017/2018 Operating Budget, which is still waiting final approval from the University.
a. ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
|ASI 2018-19 Budget||149.25 KB|
|Adm. 2018-19 - Proposed Operating Budget||61.91 KB|
|Student Gov. 2018-19 - Proposed Operating Budget||98.67 KB|
|Student & University Support 2018-19 - Proposed Operating Budget||95.51 KB|
|Approval of the 2018-2019 Budget||137.36 KB|
|Finance Meeting Minutes - 07.13.18 (draft)||71.75 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.
External Organization & Departments
ASI currently offers university support funds to Anna Bing Arnold Children's Center, EOP (Educational Opportunity Program), Golden Eagle Radio, EPIC (Educational Participation in Communities), Dreamers Center, U-Pass Metro Program, and Veterans Resource Center. Click below to learn out more about the Funding and Budgeting for External Organizations & Departments over $3,000 here.