Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Approval of Agenda for Tuesday, July 18, 2018
- d. Approval of Minutes for Tuesday, May 9, 2018
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. New Business
a. Information Item: Policy 011 Strategic Planning Committee Code of Procedure Policy Review - The Committee will review the code of procedure for this committee.
b. Information Item: Review 2018-2023 Strategic Plan - The committee will review the history of how the Strategic Plan 2018-2023 was developed.
c. Information Item: Review Our Mission Statement: The Committee will review and discuss the mission of ASI.
- Provide and promote opportunities for student participation in campus governance.
- Provide an official voice through which student opinion may be expressed.
- Provide an opportunity for students to gain experience and training in responsible civic participation and community leadership.
- Advocate for the rights and interests of students.
- Support the educational, social, physical and cultural wellbeing of the university community.
- ASI Serve as a learning laboratory for student leadership development.
IV. Old Business
- a. Discuss personal significance of the ASI Vision statement: "Ignite Potential & Empower Student Voices" - The committee will discuss the ASI Vision Statement.
- a. DocuSign and the Biweekly - Intef will lead a discuss regarding how ASI will use DocuSign to manage documents.
Regularly Meets On:
The committee assists the BOD in recommending goals, based upon the above strategic plans, to the BOD. This body is also responsible for periodically reassessing the ASI Purpose and Vision Statement, analyzing the ASI climate, and creating, reevaluating, and modifying the organization's short-term and long-term plans.
What does the Strategic Planning Committee do?
It is the responsibility of the Strategic Planning Committee to assist the Board of Directors in recommending and directing, for their approval, the Associated Students, Inc. BOD towards their vision. The following is a partial list of tasks for which the committee is responsible.
- Periodically reassess the mission and vision statement.
- Analyze the current environment surrounding ASI
- Create, reevaluate, and modify the short-term and long-term plan as necessary.
- Recommend goals, based upon the above strategic plans, to the BOD.
What is the composition of the Strategic Planning Committee?
- The Strategic Planning Committee is composed of 6 voting members and 2 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- One student outside of ASI (non elected or appointed)
Duties and Responsibilities
- For more information go to our website Administrative Governing Policies and select Governance Policies and Procedures 000-018 and review Policy 011 Strategic Planning Committee Codes of Procedures.