Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, September 20, 2018
- d. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, September 6, 2018
II. Public Forum
- a. This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
III. Special Presentation
- a. Chief Wall Presentation - The Chief of Police at Cal State LA will provide an update and field questions regarding parking challenges on the campus and in the surrounding community. Time Certain 3:30 -3:45PM (amended)
III. Action Items:
a. Appointment for Vacant ASI and Campus Committee Positions - Board of Directors will appoint individuals to the following vacant ASI and student committee positions.
- i. ASI Board of Director Appointment(s)
- ii. Cabinet of Commissioner Appointment(s)
- iii. Internal Committee Appointment(s)
- iv. University Wide Committee Appointment Report
b. 2017/2018 MGO Audit - The board will review and take action of the external ASI audit presented by MGO. Time Certain 4:00 -4:30 PM.
- c. The Our CA Campaign Endorsement: The Board will review and take action on an ASI Endorsement Letter supporting the Our CA Campaign from the College Opportunity Campaign approved of by the Legislative Affairs Committee
- a. Ad Hoc Workflow and Biweekly Committee- The Board will be informed on functionality and purpose of Ad Hoc Workflow and Biweekly Committee
- a. Marketing Strategies (Best Practices) for ASI- The Board will discuss the importance of promoting accurate information regarding the resources and opportunities ASI has to offer.
- b. Academic Advisement Video Collaboration - College Representatives will discuss opinions in respect to making a short video clip for all advisement centers for each college.
- a. ASI President: Nia Johnson
- b. ASI Vice President for Administration: Jesus Mora
- c. ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
d. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- e. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia-Martinez
- f. ASI Secretary/ Treasurer: Jennifer Martell
- g. ASI Chief Justice - Nia Allen
- h. ASI Board of Directors
- i. ASI Staff: Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- j. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
|9.20.18 BOD External Release 2018-201 BOD Appointment List 1||55.09 KB|
|9.20.18 BOD Application Packet All||232.82 KB|
|ASI 2018 Draft Report 9-19-2018||803.96 KB|
|BOD Meeting Minutes 9.6.18||141.72 KB|
|Funding Sub-Committee Report 09.07.18||141.75 KB|
|Our California - ASI Endorsement Letter||177.71 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.