Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Approval of Agenda for Thursday, September 27, 2018
- d. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, September 13, 2018
II. Public Forum - This time is allotted for members of the public to make announcements and/ or address the Cabinet of College Representatives.
III. Informational Items
- a.Voter Pledge Card: The Cabinet will take the Voter Pledge following the efforts of the NVRD Event.
- b.Personal Statement Writing Workshop: The Cabinet will be informed about the Personal Statement Writing Workshop
- c.Think Tank Takeover & Tranquility Lounge: The Cabinet will be informed about a D-Stress event happening in Housing during Finals Week
IV. Discussion Items:
- a. Outreach & Promotion: The Cabinet will discuss potential outreach and promotion methods.
- b. Video Production of College Representatives Promoting Advisement: The Cabinet of College Representatives will discuss the logistics and feasibility of collaborating on a video to promote advisement.
- c. High Impact/ Profile Programming for the Spring 2019 Semester: The Cabinet will discuss collaborative programming for the 2019 Semester.
- d. D-Stress: The Cabinet will discuss the logistics for the upcoming D-Stress event.
- a. Committee Chair: Jocelyn Vargas
b. Arts & Letters: Jacob Amaya
c. Business and Economics: Christopher Koo
d. Charter College of Education: Raul Rodriguez
e. Engineer, Computer Science, & Technology: Smitkumar Patel & Edgar Chavez
f. Natural & Social Sciences: Davona Watson & Fritza Plasencia
- g. Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services: Rashad Freeman & Jocelyn Vargas
- h. ASI President: Nia Johnson
- i. ASI Staff: Intef W. Weser
Regularly Meets On:
The purpose and function of the Cabinet of College Representatives is to support college representatives by opening lines of communication and collaboration within the unit.
Under the direct supervision of the ASI President the college representatives work together to ensure open lines of communication and collaboration within the unit. They also:
- Strengthen the communication amongst all college representatives by sharing developments, programs, and concerns within each college.
- Assess and identify students' needs and develop strong strategies of addressing their needs on short-term and long-term basis.
- Establish inter-collegiate programs or initiatives and collaboratively plan and implement these programs and initiatives.
- Review the collective College Representative quarterly allocated budget and make the final decision on how to distribute funds for inter-collegiate events and initiatives. It is understood that based on the financial needs of the organization, all final budget decisions can be revisited quarterly.