Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
- c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, September 28, 2018
- d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, September 14, 2018
- e. Approval of Funding Committee Report for Friday, September 21, 2018
II. Public Comment - Public comment is intended as a time for any member of the public to address the committee on any issues affecting ASI and/or Cal State LA.
III. Action Items:
- a. Policy 204 - Funding Guidelines: The committee will review and take action on the following proposed edits on the Funding Guidelines.
- b. Direct Funding Allocation Guidelines: The committee will review and take action on the following proposed edits on the Direct Funding Allocation Guidelines.
IV. Discussion Items:
- a. Policy 216 - Procurement & Purchasing: The committee will review and discuss the following proposed edits on the Procurement and Purchasing Policy.
- b. Policy 222 & Policy 223 - ASI Discounted Tickets: The committee will review and discuss the following proposed edits on the ASI Discounted Ticket Policies.
V. Information Items:
- a. ASI Referendum: The committee will receive and update on the current status of the referendum and the timeline.
- b. 3&9 Budget Review Prep: The committee will be informed of the 3&9 budget quarterly review process.
- a. ASI Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castañeda
|Policy 216 Procurement Policy||106.35 KB|
|Policy Amusement Park Tickets Procedures||55.68 KB|
|Finance Committee Meeting Minutes (10-14) (DRAFT)||94.12 KB|
|Funding Sub-Committee Report (9-21)||135.49 KB|
|Finance Committee Meeting Minutes (09-14) (DRAFT)||94.12 KB|
|US BANK Purchase Card Procedure||94.77 KB|
|ASI Procurement Card Application||28.83 KB|
|Policy 204 Finance - Funding Guidelines - Policy 204 9.28||94.64 KB|
|Corporate Card Use Agreement||94.85 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.
External Organization & Departments
ASI currently offers university support funds to Anna Bing Arnold Children's Center, EOP (Educational Opportunity Program), Golden Eagle Radio, EPIC (Educational Participation in Communities), Dreamers Center, U-Pass Metro Program, and Veterans Resource Center. Click below to learn out more about the Funding and Budgeting for External Organizations & Departments over $3,000 here.