Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, November 8, 2018
- Approval of minutes for Friday, October 26, 2018
- This time is allotted for members of the public to address the committee.
- Appointment of the Environmental Policy Committee Vice Chair: The committee will nominate and elect an EPC Vice Chair.
- Green Peace Presentation: This time is allotted for our guest speaker Kaitlyn Trent, who will present initiatives for the NGO Green Peace. The committee will get the opportunity to volunteer and collaborate with Green Peace.
EPC Outreach and Recruitment: The committee will discuss Fall Semester tabling and outreach efforts.
- Details: Every Tuesday and Thursday 9 am to 12 pm on the main campus walkway, adjacent to the Biological Science building.
- Strategy: The committee will review the script for the EPC tabling events.
- Outreach and Volunteers: The committee will discuss collaboration with clubs and orgs (CSI), the NSS department, and commitment from ASI members.
Earth Day: The committee will consider partnerships and event elements.
- EPC and Green Peace Tent or Table – Resource fair for students
- Solar Eagle – ECST sustainable vehicle displays
- Native California Plants – Planting around campus
- Outdoor activities – Partnership with Kinesiology and Nutritional Sciences
- Sustainable Food Truck – Student meal giveaways
Beach Clean Up: The committee will discuss our planning for our second beach cleanup.
- Date of Event: 3/2/19 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Proposed Location: Docweiler Beach (Alt. Proposed Location: Manhattan Beach)
- ASI Environmental Affairs Commissioner: Javier Moro
- ASI Environmental Affairs Member: David Garcia
Regularly Meets On:
The Environmental Policy Committee formulates and encourages the adoption of policies that will make ASI's internal practices more environmentally sustainable. In addition the committee also seeks:
- to collaborate with Cal State LA administrators to formulate and encourage the adoption of policies that will make Cal State LA a more environmentally sustainable campus;
- to educate the on-campus community on the topic of environmental sustainability and environmental justice; and
- to formulate and encourage the adoption of policies that will make the California State University system more environmentally sustainable working primarily through the California State Student Association.
What is the composition of the ASI Environmental Policy Committee?
- The Environmental Policy Committee is composed of 12 voting members and 2 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following position(s):
- Eight (8) student members of the student body appointed with a simple majority consent of the BOD.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to Administrative Governing Policies 000-022 and review Policy 012 Environmental Policy Committee Code of Procedure.
Read more and GO GREEN!