Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Thursday, January 24, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for Thursday, November 8, 2018
Public Forum: This time is allotted for members of the public to make announcements and/ or address the Cabinet of College Representatives.
- Bi-Weekly Meetings: The Cabinet will be reminded to set up bi-weekly meetings with the ASI President, their co-rep, and the Interim Executive Director.
- Special Presentation: ASI VP for Administration - The VPA will inform the Cabinet on ways they can collaborate with the commissioners and support Spirit Week.
- Outreach & Promotion: The Cabinet will discuss potential outreach and promotion methods such as having a College Rep leading tabling for the week of 1/28/19 to 2/1/19.
- Video Production: College Reps Promoting Cal State LA Advisement Centers - The Cabinet will discuss any updates on the feasibility of a collaborative video to promote advisement.
- Main Goals for the Spring 2019 Semester: The Cabinet will discuss their 3 main goals for the 2019 Spring Semester.
- Committee Chair: Jocelyn Vargas
- Arts & Letters: Jacob Amaya & Selene Castillo
- Business and Economics: Christopher Koo
- Charter College of Education: Vacant
- Engineer, Computer Science, & Technology: Smitkumar Patel & Edgar Chavez
- Natural & Social Sciences: Davona Watson & Fritza Plasencia
- Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services: Rashad Freeman & Jocelyn Vargas
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
- ASI Staff: Marcus Rodriguez
Regularly Meets On:
The purpose and function of the Cabinet of College Representatives is to support college representatives by opening lines of communication and collaboration within the unit.
Under the direct supervision of the ASI President the college representatives work together to ensure open lines of communication and collaboration within the unit. They also:
- Strengthen the communication amongst all college representatives by sharing developments, programs, and concerns within each college.
- Assess and identify students' needs and develop strong strategies of addressing their needs on short-term and long-term basis.
- Establish inter-collegiate programs or initiatives and collaboratively plan and implement these programs and initiatives.
- Review the collective College Representative quarterly allocated budget and make the final decision on how to distribute funds for inter-collegiate events and initiatives. It is understood that based on the financial needs of the organization, all final budget decisions can be revisited quarterly.