Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Thursday, January 31, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for Thursday, November 29, 2018
Public Forum: This time is allotted for members of the public to make announcements and/or address the Board.
Appointments to Vacant ASI and Campus Committee Positions: The Board will appoint individuals to the following positions.
- ASI Academic Senator
- ASI Commissioner/Representative
ASI Internal Committee Member
- Jordan Smith - Funding Sub-Committee
- Sharon Pelaez - Funding Sub-Committee
- Tu Nguyen - Funding Sub-Committee
- David San - Funding Sub-Committee
- Amber Jolly - Environmental Affairs Committee
- Aurora Sarmiento - Environmental Affairs Committee
- Matthew Keels - Legislative Affairs & Advocacy Committee (update to the Board)
- University-Wide Committee Member
- ASI Legal Representation: The Board will consider retaining Andrew Beechko of Brown, White & Osborn Attorneys as ASI's primary legal counsel.
- SPECIAL PRESENTATION (4:00 p.m. Time Certain) - Provost Lynn Mahoney: The Provost will present on Cal State LA's enrollment and budget challenges and the subsequent need to further extend the University's impaction rules.
- ASI Member Office Hours Requirement: The Board will be reminded of the office hour requirements per Policy 002 Board of Directors Code of Procedure.
- ASI Tabling Schedule: The Board will be informed on the Spring tabling expectations per Policy 002 and the ASI Strategic Plan.
- Spirit Week Update: The Board will receive an update regarding the upcoming Spirit Week and opportunities for ASI members to interact with campus community.
- ASI Referendum Update: The VP for Finance will update the Board on the status of the ASI Petition.
- California State Student Association (CSSA) Update: The ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement will update the Board on the recent CSSA Plenary Meeting.
- Pizza with the President: The Board will discuss upcoming dates and ways to enhance the Pizza with the President.
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
- ASI VP for Administration: Matthew
- ASI VP for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- ASI VP for Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- ASI VP for External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia-Martinez
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer: David Sans
- ASI Board of Directors
- ASI Staff: Marcus A. Rodriguez, Interim Executive Director
- University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.