Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Adoption of Agenda for Tuesday, February 5, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Public Forum/Announcement: This time is allotted for members of the public or representatives to make announcements to the Committee members.
- Policy 013 University Council of Clubs and Organizations: The Committee will take action on the removal of Policy 013.
- ASI Referendum: The Committee will receive an ASI referendum update and discuss ways to revamp signature efforts.
- ASI response to Enrollment Growth Challenges: The Committee will discuss ASI messaging and potential action responses to Cal State LA Enrollment Challenges. More at: http://www.calstatela.edu/provost/admission-proposal-plan
- Research Task Force: The Committee will discuss the necessity and potential for creating an ASI task force dedicated to campus research.
- Diversity and Inclusion Sub-Committee: The Committee will discuss establishing a body with representation from different resource centers that would be chaired by the Diversity and Inclusion Officer.
- ASI Position updates: The Committee will discuss necessary updates to ASI positions and potential implications on the organization.
- Policy Recommendations: The Committee will recommend policies to review in upcoming committee meetings.
- ASI Board of Directors Agenda: The Committee will discuss potential discussion items for the next Board meeting.
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
- ASI Vice President of Administration: Matthew Keels
- ASI Vice President of Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- ASI Vice President of Academic Governance: Jacquelyn Acosta
- ASI Vice President of External Affairs and Advancement: Veronica Garcia- Martinez
- ASI Secretary Treasurer: David San
- ASI Board of Directors
- ASI Interim Executive Director: Marcus A. Rodriguez
|Executive Committee Meeting Minutes - 1.22.19 (Certified)||69.37 KB|
|Enrollment Planning PPT for University Staff Meeting||1017.08 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Executive Committee coordinates the information, programs, projects, and problems to be considered by the Associated Students, Inc. Board of Directors. The Executive Committee shall also provide general policy guidelines, and make specific policy decisions, in place of the entire Board of Directors only when the BOD cannot be called together to act on an emergency matter.
All policy decisions of the Executive Committee shall be reported to the BOD and may be overturned by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the BOD present at the meeting.
The Executive Committee shall be composed of eight (8) voting and four (4) non-voting members.
- A. ASI President, who shall serve as chair
- B. ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA), who shall serve as vice-chair
- C. ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- D. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- E. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- F. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- G. Three (3) members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent
- of the BOD
- G. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- H. ASI Office Manager (recording secretary) (non-voting)
- I. ASI Director of Government Affairs & Leadership Programs (non-voting)
- J. University President or designee (non-voting)