Date / Time:
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Approval of Minutes for Thursday, February 7, 2018
Public Forum: This time is allotted for members of the public to make announcements and/ or address the Cabinet of College Representatives.
- Bi-Weekly Meetings: The Cabinet will be reminded to set up bi-weekly meetings with the ASI President and the Interim Executive Director.
- Special Presentation: Andrew Chavez of WSCUC will inform the cabinet about the WCUC visit next week.
- Cabinet Budget: The Cabinet will review their budget and make any recommendations necessary.
- Policy 018: The Cabinet will discuss the Cabinet of College Representatives Code of Procedure and take recommendations to enhance the current policy in regards to the budget and specific duties.
- Enrollment Growth Fact Sheet: The Cabinet will discuss key points regarding the Enrollment Growth Challenges in order to create a concise fact sheet for students.
- Possible Collaboration: The ECST Representatives will talk about a possible collaboration opportunity and ask for input from the cabinet.
- Committee Chair: Jocelyn Vargas
- Arts & Letters: Jacob Amaya and Selene Castillo
- Business & Economics: Christopher Koo
- Charter College of Education: Vacant
- Engineer, Computer Science, & Technology: Smitkumar Patel and Edgar Chavez
- Natural & Social Sciences: Davona Watson and Fritza Plasencia
- Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services: Rashad Freeman and Jocelyn Vargas
- ASI President: Nia Johnson
- ASI Staff: Marcus A. Rodriguez
Regularly Meets On:
The purpose and function of the Cabinet of College Representatives is to support college representatives by opening lines of communication and collaboration within the unit.
Under the direct supervision of the ASI President the college representatives work together to ensure open lines of communication and collaboration within the unit. They also:
- Strengthen the communication amongst all college representatives by sharing developments, programs, and concerns within each college.
- Assess and identify students' needs and develop strong strategies of addressing their needs on short-term and long-term basis.
- Establish inter-collegiate programs or initiatives and collaboratively plan and implement these programs and initiatives.
- Review the collective College Representative quarterly allocated budget and make the final decision on how to distribute funds for inter-collegiate events and initiatives. It is understood that based on the financial needs of the organization, all final budget decisions can be revisited quarterly.